Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Alabama makes history again at NBC13 News

We are winding down from this event, and winding up for our next collaborative partnership. It's been wild, interesting, exhilarating, and now I'm sitting here looking at the view of a city that looks beautiful...I see lights, white, red, yellow and green.

There are dark spots and busy traffic flowing to and from. This room is still buzzing...what a spectacular site it is to see. So here we are, high above and into the skyline, yet...somewhere down there, in someones neighborhood, there's a victim who wish they could get out. They want to get out of the house, away from the perpetrator and blend into the night. They are looking for their way through the lights that maybe at the door of hope...

It could be a woman, a child or man who can't see what I see right now, because they can't even look forward to tomorrow. For them, tomorrow might just be another night of the same.

I can see almost everything from up here, and yet I can't see those victims, but I know that they are there. I'm looking for you, we're looking for you! At this moment I'm standing in the window, but tomorrow I'll be on the ground.

This is Sunny Slaughter, Director of the Alabama Silent Witness Initiative on Domestic Violence and I'm signing off live at NBC13....tonight we made history....tomorrow is another day for us to make change!!


Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment